- Most soccer players run 7 miles in a game.
- Holes in a golf course must be 4.25 inches in diameter, and at least 4 inches deep.
- In tennis, zero points is referred to as love, which is possibly derived from the French word for egg, l'oeuf, referring to the physical appearance of the number zero.
- The Olympic was the sister ship of the Titanic, and she provided twenty-five years of service.
- The sport with the most number of officials with relation to players is tennis. There are 13 officials for two players.
- The spots on dice are called "pips."
- If you add up all the number on a roulette wheel, that is 1through 36, you get '666', the biblical number of fallen man.
- The world's highest cricket ground is in Chail (HP),
, 2444 mt above sea level India
- The Australian term for extras in cricket are 'sundries'
- Since 1896, the beginning of the modern Olympics, only
Greeceand have participated in every Games Australia
- In 1935, Jesse Owens broke 4 world records in 45 minutes
- The metal instrument used in shoe stores to measure feet is called the Brannock device
Monday, June 9, 2008
My kids corner - 5
Sports & Games