The intention of this blog is only to share the collections. Inadvertently if any file is under copyright, please intimate me so that it can be removed forthwith.

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

An autobiography of a middle class man - Chapter 5


I have written in the previous chapters, how my mother was encouraging me in my various activities such as writing stories and composing poems etc. She encouraged me to bring out handwritten magazine in our village and she was the guiding force in its presentation. She even used to suggest that how bold the titles should be, and what colour can be used for them.

After walking up and down four miles a day, you can understand, how tiresome it will be, to do even the home works and study the lessons. Yet, I used to find time for these extra curricular activities, only because of her encouragement.

Even before reaching High school i.e 9th standard, I started participating in public meetings, and staging dramas in school vacation days. My mother was everything to me and I started looking at her as God, and slowly my attachment to Gods and worshiping them was deteriorating.

This is the song I wrote when I was 20 years old about my mother. This was based on the song " yennamellam" rendered by T. M. Sounderrajan in "Maaman magal (?)" based on Sahaanaa Raagam.

In anupallavi, I have mentioned based on the myth that people with great virtue
( புண்ணியம்) will not have rebirth. The emphasis is on "Even after being born to you, if I have rebirth" means I will certainly not have a rebirth, after being your son. In spite of that, if there is a rebirth then let me be only your son again

தெய்வமெல்லாம் ஓர் உருவான அன்னையே
மெய்யெல்லாம் உருக அரி வணங்குகிறேன் - (தெய்வ)

இன்பமெல்லாம் துறந்து, துன்பமெல்லாம் ஏற்று
தியாகங்கள் புரிகின்றாய்: என் வாழ்வையே வகுக்கின்றாய்.
உனக்குப் பிறந்த பின்னும், எனக்கொரு பிறப்பிருந்தால்,
மறு பிறவியிலும் - அந்த, மறு பிறவியிலும்
உனக்கே நான் பிறந்திடவே - (தெய்வ)

கோயில் பல சென்று கோலமுடன் தொழுதாலும்
தெய்வம் தோன்றுமா? தேவருலகம் கிடைக்குமா?
கருங்கல்லின் உருவில்தான் கடவுள் தெரியுமா?
நல்ல கலைஞனின் ஓவியந்தான் கருணை பொழியுமா?
சிரித்துப் பேசும் தெய்வம் நேரில்வரும்பொழுது
சேவிக்க ஊர் வேண்டுமா? வேறு சேவை செய்ய தோன்றுமா? (தெய்வ)
Blogger cerenityblossoms said...
Dear sir well done . kudos to u
April 11, 2009 9:46 PM
Delete
Blogger hvaidya said...
Thank you for your kind words.
April 12, 2009 10:02 AM
Delete

2 comments:

cerenityblossoms said...

Dear sir
well done . kudos to u

hvaidya said...

Thank you for your kind words.