This rag is an upanga raga and janya of 16th mela chakravakom. The arohanam and avarohanam of this raga is: S G R G M P N S - S N S D P G R S . The notes GA in Arohanam and note Ni in avarohanam are the vakra swaras.
The raga evokes bhakti rasa and has quick magnetic-type attracting effect to any listener irrespective of their level of music knowledge. Dr. (Mrs) Baby Sriram (w/0 Padayappa fame Sriram) used to sing the song "enta muddo" often in her katcheries, followed by a detailed raga vistharam. Raga vistharam appears to be difficult for this raga as very few musicians attempt it prior to the song to be sung in this raga.
I have heard nagaswara vidwans often play in this raga after detailed alapan. No doubt this raga is an auspicious raga, may be a minor type.
Hariharan. ( in rasikas.org)
- http://www.mediafire.com/?jzmd4evz5uu Anbaaga enaiyum - T. N. Seshgopalan
- http://www.mediafire.com/?wjdmnwjomtt Enthamuddo - Radha Jayalakshmi
- http://www.mediafire.com/?cwyekjmxy3z Enthamuddo - T.N. Seshagopalan
- http://www.mediafire.com/?uydoy3gnmow Enthamuddo - Nithyashree
- http://www.mediafire.com/?wtyt2tyfeyr Govardhana - Maharajapuram Santhanam
- http://www.mediafire.com/?mkxvvhz01gz Meruguchekkula - Priya sisters ( This is one more contribution from Ms. Latha. hats off to her enthusiasm!)