The intention of this blog is only to share the collections. Inadvertently if any file is under copyright, please intimate me so that it can be removed forthwith.

Monday, January 16, 2012

Do you know ?



Incident 1

It happened few months back. We were traveling and I and my family were waiting in the A/C waiting room at Secunderabad Station. The attached bathroom was not cleanand was giving bad smell. Added to this discomfiture,the bathroom door was not closing tight , and I also observed that shutter was not closing tight because of faulty door closer.I complained to the attendant .
I also sent an SMS " The bathroom of A/C waiting room on platform No 1 of Secunderbad Station is dirty and stinking. Pl arrange cleaning . Also the the door is not closing properly". After few minutes we left the waiting room as our train arrival was announced. Within few minutes I received text reply from Railways, giving an ID No and that action will be taken. After few hours I received a message that the bathroom has been cleaned . After ten days I received another message that the faulty door has been repaired and thanking me.
Incident 2

Recently on 24th October I and my wife were traveling byHyderabd Ajmeer Express on our Rajasthan trip. Next morning , I noticed there was no water in the bathroom and the taps are all dry, whereas our journey will continue and we will be reaching our destination ( Bhilwara near Ajmeer) after another 18 hours. I was worried that it is going to be a miserable time to travel without water. Water or No water, people will continue to use the bathrooms and the stink will become unbearable. I complained to the Conductor. I also sent a SMS "Traveling in the A1 compartment of Hyderabad Ajmeer express train No 12720. No water in the bathrooms . Pl arrange. Also replace leaking valves else problem repeats." Pat came the reply" Your reference id is 1110250019. For status visit www.scr.indianrailways.in. or SMS as STATUS TO 8121281212 . Thanks for registering complaint " . After about 20 minutes I received message that water will be filled at the nearest Railway station having water filling facility. At Itarsi station water was filled and we had no problem . After about a week I received another message that the faulty valves have been replaced . It was amazing.
I am thankful to the Railway authorities for introducing a system where one can complain from a running train and doubly grateful that they have acknowledged the complaint and attended.
I collected this help line number from the Railway waiting room !
Many times while traveling by train we are put to unexpected inconvenience , we react by cursing and criticising. No other response. Of course once we reach our destination we just forget.
There is no use in cursing the darkness around you, do light a candle however small it be, it gives an inspiration and ten more candles will be lit . The process continues reducing the darkness.
The Railway Number to which you can SMS is 8121281212
Please pass on this message to your friends and it may help some one in need. 


Blogger Hemalatha said...




Very, very useful information. Thank you sir.
January 16, 2012 10:55 PM

Blogger D.Srinivasan said...

Not aware of this till now. Thanks for this useful information.will pass it on to my contacts.
January 17, 2012 2:23 PM
Delete

Blogger D.Srinivasan said...

Is this number only for South Central railway?

For other railways, is there any common number ?
pl post in your blog if you or any followers have the info. Thanks
January 17, 2012 7:46 PM



3 comments:

Hemalatha said...

Very, very useful information. Thank you sir.

D.Srinivasan said...

Not aware of this till now. Thanks for this useful information.will pass it on to my contacts.

D.Srinivasan said...

Is this number only for South Central railway?

For other railways, is there any common number ?
pl post in your blog if you or any followers have the info. Thanks