The intention of this blog is only to share the collections. Inadvertently if any file is under copyright, please intimate me so that it can be removed forthwith.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Caution for all working in Kitchen

I was talking to someone I know, a person who is normally quite lively and chirpy but who sounded rather down and depressed this morning. This is the story that I heard, the reason behind the depression... A family friend had died due to burns sustained in the kitchen.
The gas stove was on, cooking under process. The lady observed some cockroaches near the sink and grabbed a can of insect repellent and sprayed it..Near the gas stove, which was on/burning. There was an explosion and in no time the poor woman was covered in flames, sustained 65% burns. Her husband rushed in, tried to douse the flames and his clothes too caught fire. The husband is still in hospital, in the burns ward, still unaware that his wife has succumbed, dead on arrival.

I've been trying to gather some information on the insect repellents such as "Hit", "Mortein" etc. Are they inflammable? I guess they are, and the nano-particles spread extremely rapid .
Did the poor lady realize the hazard involved? Apparently not!

Spread the word around.... who knows?

Of course these insecticides are inflammable - BEWARE OF THE SAME ! Don't use them while the burner is on in the kitchen

Sent by Ms. Mathangi