The intention of this blog is only to share the collections. Inadvertently if any file is under copyright, please intimate me so that it can be removed forthwith.

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

When many ask me "why do you do it?"

Discover Your Reason for Being

What are your greatest gifts? How can you best serve mankind? These are questions you must answer to find your true purpose in life.

Who am I?

What am I meant to do here?

What am I trying to do with my life?


These are powerful questions that can be difficult to answer. They sometimes surface during major life transitions such as family strife, job loss, spiritual awakenings, or the death of a loved one.

I feel fortunate to have found my purpose in life. I have that reason to get up in the morning and it fuels my passion. In one of the greatest compliments I ever received, someone said to me, “Hari, when you speak you’ve been blessed with the ability to connect with others…soul to soul.” I thought about those words and have chosen to shape my life around that gift. My purpose through speaking and writing is to “bring ideas to life” that will encourage and motivate people.

Every person is a unique being. There is only one of you in the universe. You have many obvious gifts and other gifts still waiting to be discovered.

I truly believe, however, that one of the most important questions you can ask yourself in your journey to find your purpose is, “How can I serve others?” Albert Schweitzer said it well: “I don’t know what your destiny will be, but one thing I do know: the only ones among you who will be really happy are those who have sought and found how to serve.”

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really your post is thought provoking. I admire.

kayesem said...

I am highly impressesd with the contents of your blog "think loud " as a whole, which prompted me circulate the same amongst quite a few knowledgeable friends of mine in the United States, who are also well versed in Carnatic music.Your aspirations to serve others has been amply reflected through your blog. I am also a resident of Chennai, now on vacation, in the U.S.If you could let me know your e mail id, I shall keep in touch with you and be a part of your efforts to serve others.
K.Subramanian

hvaidya said...

Thanks for your nice and kind words. Such comments are inspirations to do more and more. My e mail id is hariharan.vaidayanathan@gmail.com